Depending on the climate, mold can grow everywhere. However, in the damp fall allergy weather, allergic reactions to mold spores are worse than ever. In these colder months, moisture proliferates in homes and triggers hubs of mold, in places like basement walls, damp carpets and bathroom ceilings. Although many people can visually see the mold, they may not realize that black mold growth is actually triggering allergy symptoms like coughing, itchy eyes and stuffy nose. Furthermore, while fall sees heightened mold sensitivities, the spore-based fungus can grow year round and seriously hinder a healthy lifestyle.
How To Get Rid Of Mold?
– Inspect House Thoroughly: Since mold grows anywhere moisture is present, homeowners need to do a thorough check around their residence, digging into crawl spaces, basements and ceiling tiles.
– Flood Damage: If flooding occurs in your home, everything affected by the water needs to be wiped down thoroughly or removed altogether, if wet to the core. Otherwise, once said area dries, mold will grow rapidly and turn any item in that vicinity into a long-term allergy trigger. If water raises high enough, removing pieces of drywall could be necessary, to prevent mold growth inside walls.
– Scrub Walls Clean: Rooms that incur more humidity than most – like bathrooms or basements – will inevitably grow mold quicker than others. To prevent mold from overtaking walls, scrub them clean at the first sight of growth.
– Reduce Humidity: In the same areas listed above, make sure to keep windows open, if possible, which will prevent moisture build-up and residual mold.
– Use an Air Purifier: Yes, we listed this as a solution to every key fall allergen. Truth is, all of our HEPA Air Purifiers for mold are ideal for providing relief from fall allergies, especially mold. Our advanced filter technology will remove mold spores from the air before settling in your home.
Find more air purifiers for removing mold: http://en.agcen.com/products_list.html